Have you always searched for a therapy that unwinds, relaxes, and heals at the same time?
Look no further than Flotation Therapy, also referred to as sensory deprivation.
Spending 60 minutes floating will help you unwind, relax, and heal.
How it works
It is quite simple, you just float. The 1700 pounds of epsom salt hold you up and won’t let you down. The epsom salt contains high levels of magnesium, which has been shown to be a catalyst for relaxation. As you float, your sense of sight, sound, and feeling disappears and you are able to focus inward. The magnesium-saturated water and air temperatures are carefully controlled to match the surface of the skin, allowing boundaries to fade. All this allows for deep relaxation, rejuvenation, and relief.
Why choose flotation therapy?
Float therapy is appealing because you only need 60 minutes to unburden yourself and heal. So why should you consider flotation therapy? Let’s look at some of the amazing benefits.
- Improves sleep and other sleep-related issues.
- Has been shown to relieves stress and can treat stress-related illnesses, heart disease, high blood pressure (hypertension), diabetes, headaches, depression, gastrointestinal problems, and anxiety.
- Relieves pain, tension, and stiffness in places like the lower back and shoulder. It also improves recovery from injuries. Most athletes use flotation therapy for this particular reason and it eases tense muscles.
- Research supports the use of flotation therapy for specific neurological and inflammatory conditions including but not limited to: Multiple Sclerosis (MS), memory disorders, and migraines.
- Chronic pain conditions have been shown to be alleviated as well; injury, chronic fatigue syndrome, Fibromyalgia, mitochondrial disorders, osteoarthritis, pinched nerve, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and many more.
- Floating supplies magnesium (an essential mineral required for many processes) to the body.
- It improves skin health by exfoliating, unclogging pores, reducing blackheads, clearing breakouts, as well as helping with skin issues like rosacea and eczema.
- Restores healthier hair and creates more volume and thicker hair appearance. Flotation leaves hair shiny and beautiful.
- Improves productivity by giving the mind, brain, and eyes a break from the busy world around us, boosting mental and physical health, and thus longevity.
- It can assist in overcoming addiction. Because, it refocuses the mind, disrupts habits and helps you relax.
- In some cases creativity and problem-solving skills have been enhanced. Musicians, writers, athletes and scientists, use flotation to boost and hone their talents.
Who is floating?
Podcaster, Comedian and UFC Commentator Joe Rogan is perhaps the most vocal advocate of the benefits of floatation therapy. According to Joe Rogan the Sensory Deprivation Chamber will show you all the different issues in your life that you don’t like, things that are bothering you and things about your behaviour that you need to change.
“I think it’s one of the most incredible pieces of equipment for self-help and introspective thought you can ever find.”
Manchester United footballer Wayne Rooney owns his very own float tank and whilst recovering from injuries spent up to 10 hours a week floating. He credits his time in the float tank in allowing him to recover quicker and be back on the field well before expected.
Comedian and actress Kristen Wiig has recently spent time in a sensory deprivation tank and even spoke about her experiences on the Late Show with David Letterman!
“You come out and everything is great!…and your skin feels really good”
Australian Model Elle Macpherson used float tanks throughout her career for not only their relaxation perks but also the natural skin care benefits from the magnesium rich epsom salt water and was even known to have owned her own sensory deprivation tank.
Entrepreneur and Author of the New York Times Best Seller ‘The 4 hour work week’ has experimented extensively with float tanks to both excel in the learning of new languages as well as reduce stress and anxiety.
“I found it to be one of the most anxiety reducing experiences I’ve ever had”
Actor Jeff Bridges meditates daily and was a close friend of the inventor of the sensory deprivation tank or ‘float tank’ Dr John C Lilly. Lilly used Bridges as an early test subject in his initial experiments with the isolation tanks in the 1970’s making him an early float tank pioneer.
“Well, it’s true that when you can’t see out, you start looking in..”
Steph Curry & Harrison Barnes
Warriors Championship players use flotation therapy to help them to align their focus, use visualization, relax, and recover from an game.
New England Patriots
The Patriots introduced floatation therapy, to their players back in 2014. They now have two tanks sitting in their Gillette Stadium facilities.
Great minds like Nobel Prize winner Richard Feynman and nominees like Buckminster Fuller, Alan Watts, Aldous Huxley and a host of others are also floating.
Where to float?
Float State Was Created For The Community As A Place To Facilitate Health & Wellness.
As the first float facility in West Riverside County we are proud to serve all of the Inland Empire & Orange County. Our modern health spa is like no other in the world. By incorporating Flotation Therapy with Cryotherapy, Infrared Sauna, Halo (salt) Therapy, and Lucia Light No3 we are truly unique! Float State feels there has never been a greater need for a proactive approach to health. We have developed a facility with state of the art therapeutic technology that is revolutionizing how people improve their health.
This is a day spa for true wellness cultivation!
Come Visit Us: 2785 Cabot Dr Suite 7-125 Corona, CA 92883